Friday, August 10, 2012

Don't Stop!

Aaaaannnd, the weekend is here.  Summer in Chi-town.  Yessssss!  Or, um... No.  Damn this Whole30 interrupting my fabulously warm and sunny summer.  Really?  What on earth was I thinking trying to clean eat the month of August!?!  February is sounding like a MUCH better plan.

Started the day with my lovely girl Erika and a super strong cup of joe.  I'm not a huge coffee junky, so unlike other Whole30'ers I haven't experienced the tears and tantrums of missing my morning latte.  I felt like a coffee this morning though and having it black was within my guidelines, so I thought what the hey.  There's something strangely adult about ordering a cafe americano, no room.  Nope, Mr. Starbucks guy, I like it completely bitter.  No milk or sugar here.  Me?  Splenda?  Eeeew.  Do you know what sort of chemicals are in that stuff?!?

One venti americano later and I was one club short of dancing on tables.  I could've swam from here to Indiana I had that much energy -- too much energy really.   Ok, so I'm starting to realize I'm a masochist at heart.  Why, why, WHY would I chose to go to Costco this morning?!  Amped up on my caffeine high, Erika and I hit the bulk belly, high fructose corn syrup mecca, that is Costco.  I had the sweats as I passed the jumbo bins of peanut butter filled pretzels and the 48 count box of Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars....UGH!  This place truly is hell.

I made it out alive and with only $61 worth of damage -that in itself is cause for celebration.  I snacked on some nuts and actually felt, OK.  Leaving with a sense of pride for my higher than Everest willpower made me proud and feeling able to tackle the weekend.

Driving along Lake Shore this evening, on this perfect Chicago night, I had my roof open and my windows down, looking across the lake and soaking in the happiness of my day.  The song on the radio was "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac - how totally and completely appropriate.  Music blaring, hands waving, singing at the top of my lungs.... AH, Ooooooooo, Don't cha look back!!!



If you wake up and don't want to smile,
If it takes just a little while,
Open your eyes and look at the day,
You'll see things in a different way.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

Why not think about times to come,
And not about the things that you've done,
If your life was bad to you,
Just think what tomorrow will do.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

All I want is to see you smile,
If it takes just a little while,
I know you don't believe that it's true,
I never meant any harm to you.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

Don't you look back,
Don't you look back.


No comments:

Post a Comment