Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 3's a Charm!

Day 3 of the Whole30 and I'm actually feeling pretty....OK. I'm definitely feeling a little less energetic and I'm pretty sluggish throughout the day. Today I could barely walk up the 4 flights of stairs to my house - but then again, I never run up those things Rocky style anyway.

I'm sleeping pretty normally - not any better, not any worse.  One thing that's changed is that I'm having crazy wild dreams that wake me up in the night.  Maybe I've always had crazy wild dreams and I'm just usually in a sugar coma, so I don't remember them.  At any rate, consoling my mother who's just been arrested at a party for smoking pot is NOT something I'm enjoying.  I mean, really?  Why on earth would I dream something like that!??

Besides the wacky dreams, I really thought I'd be waking up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the world...um, not so much. Why is that? I almost feel like I'm waking up with a hangover. I'm groggy and stumbling around my room till I can make sense of what day it is.  I'd think I actually was hungover, but I haven't tripped over last night's heels and I don't resemble a panda from last night's mascara.

So, even though my sleep is weird and I'm completely missing the beer drinking, hot dog munching, wine sipping of Chicago summer I'm trying to look for the positives as much as I can, hoping that it'll encourage me to stay on track. Today I swear I looked a little less bloated (HOORAY!) and I'm not kidding you, I ate the best egg I've ever tasted. One aspect about the Whole30 that I love is how it's encouraged me to buy only the best, most natural, organic, pasture raised meats, poultry, etc. YUM! I can't believe I ate regular ole' eggs before now - WOW! Who knew an egg that actually roams around in the grass eating bugs could taste so good :) 

1 comment:

  1. Don't let mom's pot addiction trip you up. ;-) Sounds like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete